We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended terms on this website. Your continued use of the CrowdVelocity Service indicates your acceptance of the amended User Agreement.
Description of Service
CrowdVelocity is an online Service offered to enable users to connect with other users more effectively (the ‘CrowdVelocity Service’). CrowdVelocity users can make contact with thousands of other users, who also use the CrowdVelocity Service.
The CrowdVelocity Service is not available to minors under the age of 18 or to any users suspended or removed from the system by CrowdVelocity for any reason. Users may not have more than one active account. Additionally, users are prohibited from selling, trading, or otherwise transferring your CrowdVelocity account to another party. If you do not qualify, you may not use the CrowdVelocity Service.
Use of Service
Your use of the CrowdVelocity Service is governed by this User Agreement. CrowdVelocity may refuse Service without prior notice, to any user for any or no reason whatsoever.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account with or without your knowledge. If you knowingly provide your login and password information to another person, your account privileges may be suspended temporarily or terminated. You agree to immediately notify CrowdVelocity of any unauthorized use of your password or account, or any other breach of security. CrowdVelocity cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
You agree that CrowdVelocity may, with or without cause, immediately terminate your CrowdVelocity account and access to the CrowdVelocity Service without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, the following will lead to a termination by CrowdVelocity of a user’s use of the CrowdVelocity Service if: (a) Breaches or violations of this User Agreement or other incorporated agreements or guidelines; (b) Requests by law enforcement or other government agencies; (c) A request by you (self-initiated account deletions); (d) Unexpected technical issues or problems; and (e) Extended periods of inactivity. Termination of your CrowdVelocity account includes removal of access to all offerings within the CrowdVelocity Service and may also bar you from further use of the CrowdVelocity Service. Furthermore, you agree that all terminations shall be made at CrowdVelocity’s sole discretion and that CrowdVelocity shall not be liable to you, nor any third-party, for any termination of your account or access to the CrowdVelocity Service.
You understand and agree not to use CrowdVelocity to:
- Post content or initiate communications which are unlawful, libellous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Use the CrowdVelocity Service for any illegal purpose, including but not limited to conspiring to violate laws.
- Falsely state, impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications which include information that you do not have the right to disclose, or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communication that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail,’ ‘spam,’ ‘chain letters,’ ‘pyramid schemes,’ or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to: a) Using CrowdVelocity invitations to send messages to people who don’t know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; b) Using CrowdVelocity to connect to people who don’t know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and c) Sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Stalk or harass anyone.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the CrowdVelocity Service.
- Post content in fields that aren’t intended for that content. Example: Putting an address in a name or title field.
- Interfere with or disrupt the CrowdVelocity Service or servers or networks connected to the CrowdVelocity Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the CrowdVelocity Service.
Recognising the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all applicable local rules including but not limited to rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data to the country in which you reside.
Information Provided on this Website
You understand that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the CrowdVelocity Service is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated, and that CrowdVelocity will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content. You understand that CrowdVelocity cannot guarantee the identity of any other users with whom you may interact in the course of using the CrowdVelocity Service. Additionally, we cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data which users may provide about themselves or relationships they may describe.
Access to Service
Use of manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to ‘crawl’ or ‘spider’ any web pages contained in the CrowdVelocity website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to monitor or copy, or allow others to monitor or copy, our web pages or the content included herein. You also agree not to ‘frame’ or otherwise simulate the appearance or function of this website. Furthermore, you agree not to take any action that interferes with the proper working of, or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including, but not limited to unsolicited communications, attempts to gain unauthorized access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses.
Monitoring and Enforcement
While we have the right to monitor activity and content associated with the CrowdVelocity Service, we are not obligated to do so. And since we do not, and may not have the ability to, control or actively monitor content, we don’t guarantee its accuracy, integrity or quality. Because community standards vary and individuals sometimes choose not to comply with our policies and practices, in the process of using our website, you may be exposed to content that you find offensive or objectionable. You can contact our Customer Service Department to let us know of content that you find objectionable. We may investigate the complaints and violations of our policies that come to our attention and may take any action that we believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or subscriptions. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right not to take any action. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any content on the website.
Signing up for a basic CrowdVelocity account is free. Certain other Services are provided for free only to beta users. CrowdVelocity reserves the right to charge for the CrowdVelocity Service or any portion thereof, modify the pricing of, add to, or discontinue the CrowdVelocity Service or any portion thereof without prior notice.
By accepting this User Agreement, you agree to indemnify and otherwise hold harmless CrowdVelocity Ltd, its officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and other partners from any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages resulting from: i) Your use of the CrowdVelocity Service; ii) Unauthorized access to or alteration of your communications with or through the CrowdVelocity Service; or iii) Any other matter relating to the CrowdVelocity Service.
Any business transactions which may arise between users from their use of CrowdVelocity are the sole responsibility of the users involved.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE CrowdVelocity Service IS PROVIDED ON AN ‘AS IS’ AND ‘AS AVAILABLE’ BASIS, AND THAT CrowdVelocity DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROMPT OR PROPER DELIVERY, OR RETENTION OF ANY USER INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. CrowdVelocity ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. CrowdVelocity EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CrowdVelocity MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (i) THE CrowdVelocity Service WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE CrowdVelocity Service WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE CrowdVelocity Service WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE CrowdVelocity Service WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE CrowdVelocity Service IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT MAY, OR DOES RESULT FROM, THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM CrowdVelocity OR THROUGH OR FROM THE CrowdVelocity Service SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS USER AGREEMENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The User Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between you and CrowdVelocity and governs your use of the CrowdVelocity Service, superseding any prior Agreements between you and CrowdVelocity.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT CrowdVelocity SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF CrowdVelocity HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL CrowdVelocity’s TOTAL CUMULATIVE DAMAGES EXCEED UK £100 (One Hundred Pounds Sterling).
The User Agreement between you and CrowdVelocity Ltd will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom.
Logos, crowd-velocity.co.uk, and associated material on this website are trademarks of CrowdVelocity Ltd. You agree not to display or use these trademarks in any manner without CrowdVelocity’s prior, written permission.